Raspberry & Pear


Before this past year I did all my shopping at the grocery store.
As a result I wasn't really aware of the local growing season for a lot of fruits and vegetables.

I always considered raspberries and blackberries a summer fruit but
they are really a fall fruit.

We had these gorgeous raspberries and pears just calling out to be blended together.
The puree is vivid and refreshing.

Picnik collage

Raspberries are a bit tart and so is this puree.

I don't see anything wrong with that.  Not all fruit needs to be really sweet.
Also, don't assume your little won't like tart.  Peanut likes plain yogurt and that is pretty darn tart.

However, if you find that your little isn't buying into the tartness 
there are a few options that I've listed in the variations section.


Raspberry & Pear

12 oz (or about 2 cups) raspberries, rinsed
3 small (or 2 large) pears, peeled, cored and cut into chunks

Throw it all into a food processor and puree!

I did mine in batches because I was too lazy to pull down the big food processor. 

Enjoy!

Picnik collage

*Variations
-Mix with minced mint or ginger
-Add a pinch of spice like allspice, nutmeg or cinnamon
-Top oatmeal or other grain
-Add some mango or banana and bland into a smoothie
-This would also make a great popsicle
-Cook some chicken, pork or turkey in this
To make it sweeter:
-Add some apple or mashed banana or roast your banana to make an even sweeter blend
-You can always cook this down a bit over medium heat in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
This will bring out the natural sweetness but will also make it runnier.
This would be fantastic to cook oatmeal or other grains with as done HERE.

*Storage
Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.

*Benefits
For such a little fruit raspberries are packed with nutrients.  High in fiber, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin K.

Pears are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, E, K and B2, copper as well as potassium.

1 comment:

  1. I have were built with a number of extremely unhappy along with teary several weeks. It's time will move on coming from my own denial/pity get together. My little one is healthy. He's pleased. He will not realize that he is any different. He is specific. He's stunning 雨飞. I love him or her regarding his variations, certainly not regardless of these.

    I'm not going anyone's pity, only support along with really like. Please send out vibes involving durability along with frame of mind rebirth my approach. On another note, I have found which remarks like "there is not any manner in which an 18m aged might be autistic, which is ridiculous", "he's as well young to understand 英文SEO that", "I don't even think in autism", or even "autism is definitely any excuses for bad conduct along with mastering deficits" are generally completely unhelpful, by no means 外贸SEO relaxing, and also seriously instead insensitive. Actually remarks made out of the best of intentions usually are not always a good concept. Once you know anybody going through something like this specific, it might be a thing to make note of.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips