Blueberry & Apple with cinnamon

IMG_4988

I promise this is the last blueberry post for a while!
It's just that I had all these blueberries and Peanut loves them, so I couldn't help myself.

I had this craving for pie the other day and ended up eating this mashed up and still warm with nilla wafers and graham crackers and topped with whipped cream.

Not that it's a replacement for pie. 
It was late and I wasn't about to whip up a pie.

Yes, I did give some to Peanut.
Only without the extra fixins.

Picnik collage

Blueberry & Apple with cinnamon
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks (about 3 cups)
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon water

Place the ingredients into a pot or saucepan with a lid.  
Simmer for about 4 minutes or until fork tender, stirring occasionally.
Blend to the desired consistency.

Taste test!  I suggest starting with the 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon and tasting to see if you would like to add more.  I ended up adding another generous pinch but I'm a big fan of cinnamon.

IMG_4990

*Variation
-Switch things up a bit and try using 1/2 teaspoon of minced mint instead.

*Storage
Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months

*Benefits
Apples are a great source of fiber and contain nutrient that help regulate blood sugar.
Blueberries are full of antioxidants and vitamin C.  
Truly brain food, they help your little one maintain brain power.
Cinnamon has been said to lower blood sugar, improve blood flow, fight bacteria, relieve gas 
and reduce inflammation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips